[ExI] Old Nutrition Studies

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:46:29 UTC 2015

Harvey,

I appreciate your e-mail. You are correct that too much nutritional advice
has been proffered based on weak correlational studies (or worse). I have
attached a presentation I put together showing how the "avoid fat to reduce
heart attack risk" really blew up in our collective faces and is perhaps
largely to blame for the current diabetes/obesity rates in the United
States. All are welcome to share this presentation with anyone. Note: Many
comments/citations are in the "notes" view which you may only see if opened
in PowerPoint.

My only contention with what you say below is that according to the largest
meta-study to date, it appears that saturated fats are harmless.

Jason