[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Virtual Reality is where the aliens are

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:00:11 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 1:03 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> If they actually do anything, photons do create waste heat.  The third law
> applies to them as well.

### In other words: People who compute a lot inevitably change the
radiation signature of the space they inhabit.

Since we do not see any area in the sky whose heat signature hints at
massive scale computation, there is no massive scale computation in our
past light cone.

Therefore, eaties do not exist, or if they do, every single one of them
computes little, or else they compute a lot but are very uncommon.

I cannot come up with an universal, non-contrived
physical/biological/social law that would prohibit absolutely every highly
evolved mind in the universe from ever massively computing.

Therefore, I do strongly believe eaties do not exist, or else, they are
very uncommon. If they exist, they are most likely expanding at near
light-speed, so their radiation signature would remain undetectable until
right before they show up in our neighborhood (i.e. they are in a very thin
slice of our past light cone).

The undetectability of eaties puts very stringent limits on the likelihood
of their existence.

Rafał