[ExI] [Bulk] Re: hal finney and gimps, was: RE: New pentagon tiling discovered

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Aug 26 16:41:38 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [ExI] hal finney and gimps, was: RE: New pentagon tiling discovered

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:04 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

​> ​

Hal Finney read our Mersenne Prime as currency discussion, then went off and invented BitCoin.

​>…Nobody knows ​for sure but the general consensus is that (probably) either Hal did or

Nick Szabo did, and both were once members of this list.​..Nick Szabo was pretty active in 1996 and I talked with him a lot back then. Time flies.  John K Clark

John, as I remember it, Nick didn’t post much here; I only vaguely recall him.  But in those days I wasn’t posting to ExI, only reading.  Where is Nick now?