[ExI] Old Nutrition Studies

Brian Manning Delaney listsb at infinitefaculty.org
Fri Aug 28 14:04:36 UTC 2015

El 2015-08-27 a las 10:50, Jason Resch escribió:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Brian Manning Delaney
> <listsb at infinitefaculty.org <mailto:listsb at infinitefaculty.org>> wrote:

>     I'm not saying dietary SFA is evil; rather: we don't know. If I had
>     to guess I'd say one would be better off with complex carbs and lots
>     of MUFA and some PUFA.
>
> Based on what evidence?

Well, the "we don't know" part is based, of course, on a LACK of
evidence. If you're wondering about my guess, that's based on
epidemiological studies (those of long-lived peoples, and those conduct
on people around the Mediterranean -- very weak evidence in both cases,
thus "guess").

>     (It's also likely that SFA is a problem only above a certain chain
>     length.)
>
> Why do you think so?

Take a look at some of the work here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=dietary+saturated+fat+chain+length+cholesterol

(use "Review" and "Human" filters).

Although BELOW a certain chain length there could also be probs! --

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23616516

(Telemore length per se might not be as important as people think, though.)

Brian