[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Virtual Reality is where the aliens are

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:39:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015  BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just because we can't detect them, doesn't mean they are not around.

Life may be very common in the universe but intelligent life is another
matter. ​With apologies to the late great ​
Carl Sagan
​, as far as advanced technology ET ​is concerned I think the absence of
evidence IS evidence of absence.

​> ​
> at a basic level you can use waste heat to generate electricity.

​
No thermodynamic process can ever be 100% efficient and the temperature of
empty space (2.7 degrees Kelvin) sets a strict limit. If advanced
technology ET
​ ​
existed in Andromeda
​ we shouldn't be able to detect that galaxy with gamma rays or X rays or
ultraviolet or visible light ​or even infrared because it's only emissions
would be massive amounts of microwaves. And that does not correspond with
our observations.
​
John K Clark