[ExI] R: Re: Cramer on impossibility of FTL communication

scerir at alice.it scerir at alice.it
Sun Aug 30 15:39:33 UTC 2015

Ciao Giulio,

Well, there is a general agreement we cannot use quantum
entanglement
for FTL messaging. By definition we cannot use for FTL messaging
the so called
"superquantum" correlations . These correlations are still under
investigation, under
the name of Popescu-Rohrlich correlations, or PR-boxes.

Good papers about "superquantum" correlations are
http://tinyurl.com/nw6h9n3
http://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9508009.pdf

Quantum mechanics and relativistic
causality together imply nonlocality.
Can we invert the logical order? Can we
consider a conjecture that nonlocality
and relativistic causality together
imply quantum mechanics?

See also
http://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9709026v2.pdfand
http://www.nature.com/nphys/journal/v10/n4/full/nphys2916.html
But (following
Jarrett, Shimony, Ghirardi, Howard, Eberhard, Cushing, etc.)
it is possible to
show that a ***deterministic*** theory (i.e. one in which the
range of any
probability distribution of outcomes is the set 0 or 1) reproducing
all the
predictions of (the indeterministic) quantum mechanics would allow
FTL
signaling. That's important imo.