[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:07:13 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 10:17 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *From:* extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Dan TheBookMan
> *…*
>
> ​are ​Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz, world class ignoramuses all.
> …  John K Clark
>
> Donald Trump: graduated from Wharton school of business, became a
> self-made multi-billionaire.
>

> >…If inheriting millions makes someone self-made, then I guess
> "self-made" is a useless term now…Dan
>

> Using John’s numbers, he inherited 40 million, now is about 4 billion.
> That’s 100-fold increase, when the stock market increased by about a factor
> of 20 to 25 in that same four decades.
>

> I grant there was plenty of luck involved.  Lucky is good.

The luck of what? Connections with those in power that one can influence
with a quite large inherited fortune? Also, what is the use of his
particular business acumen here? So he can take a huge fortune and make it
bigger. Why should such a man be given any power over others?

And, in this particular discussion, would you say he's a good judge of what
direction scientific research should go?

By the way, I know one person who inherited approximately $1200 from his
parents. He's made a six figure salary for about a dozen years. Would you
say he's on the same level of Trump?

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: