[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:50:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​>​
> John, it's imbecilic for you to call the beliefs of the native Hawaiians
> imbecilic.

​So you believe ​Mount
 Kea
​ is not a extinct volcano but is Wao Akua the ​
realm of the Gods where the Earth Mother met the Sky Father
​. I disagree. I think that idea is DUMB and anybody who belies it in 2015
is also DUMB.
 ​

> ​>​
>  And just rude.

​Why is it OK to criticize somebody's beliefs about anything EXCEPT
religion no matter how brain dead dumb it is? Why does religion always get
a free pass? I think it is not only morally acceptable but is moral
required to rude to some people, and people who are so intellectually dead
and so lacking the spirit of exploration that they oppose the construction
of the thirty meter telescope are in that category. All religion is
imbecilic and all Gods have very low IQ's, but Earth Mother and Sky Father
​ are mentally handicapped even by that low standard.
  ​

> ​> ​
> I have only respect for the culture of a people who crossed the Pacific in
> fucking canoes;

I respect that too, but that was a very long time ago and smart people
don't always have smart offspring as the opponents of the thirty meter
telescope demonstrate.  I don't think the telescope opponents are smart
enough to navigate across a swimming pool.

> ​> ​
>  those beliefs have valuable insights on humanity

​And the insight is human beings can be DUMB.​

> ​>​
> Drop some acid dude.

More could be learned about the nature of the universe if the thirty meter
telescope ​is constructed dude, and I thought members of this list
were supposed to be interested in that.

 John K Clark.