[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 10 18:32:17 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
…

​>…There is a big difference between what we are doing here and what we can do publicaly.  Right?

This is publicly.  Everything we write here is wide open and the internet never forgets.  Every email should be assumed to be stored and hacked if it is valuable to anyone.

>…While it may be intellectually defensible to criticize religions and cultures and ladies' hairdos, it can get downright dangerous to do so in their faces…

By all means.  Ladies with funny hair won’t kill you, people in weird cultures will not kill you.  Of all the religions discussed on the internet, one will sue you and one will kill you.  Notice that neither gets discussed much.

>…  We all might be on somebody's hit list if we go public with our opinions.  bill w​

We are already on several hit lists.  One of our own went to prison over internet criticism of one of the two religions mentioned in the previous comment.  In the USA we had our own attorney general recently threaten legal repercussions against those who would criticize a culture:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/loretta-lynch-actions-predicated-on-violent-talk-toward-musl#.uddAV5VNBN

Sheesh, how did we get here?