[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 11 14:42:40 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

In the USA we had our own attorney general recently threaten legal repercussions against those who would criticize a culture:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/loretta-lynch-actions-predicated-on-violent-talk-toward-musl#.uddAV5VNBN

>…Just to dial back the hyperbole a bit: what she's talking about goes well beyond criticism.  She's objecting to calls for violent action - and to action based on said calls - against people who have not committed the offenses they are being blamed for…

Ja OK.  Well then, if the AG thinks it is illegal to suggest violent action towards believers, then it should be illegal to suggest violent action towards unbelievers, ja?  If evidence surfaces of a religious leader quoting passages which contain texts such as “strike at their necks” that would certainly qualify, one would think.  If someone is found with a rally sign saying “Behead those who insult Joseph Smith” for instance, that is clearly calling for violence against unbelievers.

The next task involves creating a list of passages within well-known religious texts which very specifically call upon believers to commit acts of violence against unbelievers.  Then our own AG must explain to religious leaders in this country that it is now illegal to quote those passages, which are found sprinkled liberally throughout the writings of some religious writers.

Are we ready?