[ExI] Theological arguments

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 15:14:58 UTC 2015

---- Original Message -----

I think religion gets more a free pass in democracy than it does in more traditional forms of government. For example King Henry 8.0 waved his scepter and outlawed Catholicism and created the Church of England in one fell swoop, so he could dump a wife that was killing his vibe. Then of course there was Constantine, a guy so desperate to raise armies to seize the emperorship of Rome that he was willing to institute a slave religion as the state religion to get, you guessed it, slaves to fight for him.

In democracy, numbers equal power, so expect politicians, and by proxy tax collectors, judges, and cops to kiss the ass of religions in direct proportion to their local demographic popularity. Why else would a presumably not retarded neurosurgeon claim that Jesus prevented him from killing his brother?

Stuart LaForge

"We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos, ancient and vast, from which we spring." - Carl Sagan