[ExI] need a new word/suffix

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 13 02:19:45 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Anders Sandberg
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:24 PM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Subject: Re: [ExI] need a new word/suffix

On 2015-12-12 23:05, Will Steinberg wrote:

Anderhass

That one is seriously good.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg

Ja.  In English if you are missing a word, you can do the classic thing and
borrow one from another language.  I prefer German for this purpose.

The German term schraube means screw (the metal fastener) but since we are
borrowing and adapting the term, we can go with the verb form schrauben and
use a little cross-language creativity to make the suffix schrauben, meaning
to screw it.  This is a common Yankeeism for something one does not like,
but isn't something to be feared exactly.

One who has trafficschrauben is one who does not like traffic.  Tea Party
followers are taxschraubens.