[ExI] need a new word/suffix

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 05:46:33 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 4:35 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have looked into it a bit and there is no good suffix for 'hate'.  And we
> do need one.
>
> We are using 'xenophobia' to mean not just fear but hate and that is just
> wrong.  We can even love what we fear.
>
> So, group, I don't know of any other people who are better placed to create
> a new suffix and thus word for hate of the new/strange/different.
>
> It must, I think, start with xeno-.  Latin offers 'peregrinus' for alien.
> Maybe not workable.
>
> Ideas?

Those who hate are probably not educated enough to appreciate latinate suffixes

Instead I proposed we borrow from dutch (or german) morphology and
simply join primitive words with a hyphen* to make your 'hate' suffix
recognizable:  -hate.

So we have:
  religion-hate, such as muslim-hate, jew-hate, christian-hate
  race-hate, including black-hate, white-hate, brown-hate, red-hate, etc.
  ethnic-hate, including arab-hate, latino-hate, various asia-hate
such as china-hate and india-hate
  xeno-hate (for hate without fear) or perhaps more clear "other-hate"

...though it all screams newspeak to me.

* I propose using the hyphen because english already hyphenates
compound words, and we're generally not very good at spelling... so
lets keep a delimiter in there for the sake of automatic spell check.