[ExI] Fail to the chief?/was Re: Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Wed Dec 16 17:24:23 UTC 2015

I see this as replacing our Executive (President), in the context of other forms of our government remaining consistent. So there would still be a Constitution, a Senate and a House. The council would be subject to the law, not above the law.

I think it would be easier for a council to educate itself on technical issues, from testimony of experts, than for an electorate trying to vote on individual laws. Lawyers usually write those laws in such a way as to confuse the hurried voter, but it would be harder to easily bamboozle those who have the time to study the issue at greater leisure.

Checks and balances would still be in the system, and change would still proceed slowly. (Undoubtedly, this would be the main source of complaint about it from all sides, as it would mean that no one side ever gets its way—but that’s true of any good goveranance system).

Tara Maya
Blog <http://taramayastales.blogspot.com/>  |  Twitter <https://twitter.com/taramayastales>  |  Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unfinished-Song-Epic-Fantasy/310271375658211?ref=hl>  |  Amazon <http://www.amazon.com/Tara-Maya/e/B004HAI038/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1349796143&sr=8-2-ent>  |  Goodreads <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2951879.Tara_Maya>