[ExI] The Critical Need to Promote Research of Aging (press release ISOAD)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:07:30 UTC 2015

On 13 February 2015 at 13:26, Ilia Stambler wrote:
> I would like to draw your attention to the following press release of the
> International Society on Aging and Disease (ISOAD).
<snip>

> Hopefully, thanks to our joint efforts "The Critical Need to Promote
> Research of Aging and Aging-related Diseases to Improve Health and Longevity
> of the Elderly Population" will be recognized and acted upon by all the
> segments of the society, from the grassroots through the professional to the
> decision-making level, with the effort corresponding to the urgency of the
> need.

Well, a good start would be to get hospitals and the medical
profession to stop killing people.

In the UK, the NHS has recently proposed that it would be a good idea
to try to stop avoidable deaths in hospitals due to poor care.
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31226148>
Quote:
New plans to reduce the number of "avoidable deaths" in English
hospitals have been unveiled by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The existing estimate of 12,000 annual avoidable deaths in the NHS was
seen by the health secretary as broadly in line with similar
healthcare systems abroad, such as those in France and Germany, but
was still too high.

The situation in the US is worse.
<http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10000872396390444620104578008263334441352>
Quote:
How to Stop Hospitals From Killing Us
Medical errors kill enough people to fill four jumbo jets a week. A
surgeon with five simple ways to make health care safer.      Sept.
21, 2012