[ExI] Zombie glutamate

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 01:19:36 UTC 2015

On Sunday, February 15, 2015, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015  Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','stathisp at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> > What you can prove is that IF a being is conscious THEN its functional
>> equivalent would also be conscious.
>>

> But the only being I can prove to be conscious is myself, and
> unfortunately that proof is available to nobody but me.

Indeed, but the statement Imade is still valid. It means you can open
a brain prosthesis business with the guarantee that if you look after the
technical aspects, any consciousness that was there will be preserved. Of
course, if there wasn't any consciousness there to start with there won't
be any afterwards either, but that is consistent with the guarantee.

--
Stathis Papaioannou