[ExI] Robust and beneficial AI

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 00:06:04 UTC 2015

​I have no idea because I can't out-think something a million or a billion
times smarter than me.

 John K Clark​

​Then what do you do when the AI comes up with a solution you don't
understand?  Implement it?  What if it doesn't work?  Nothing is perfect.

What then?  I think humans have to understand what the AI is doing even if
we can't do it as fast or hold that many variables in our heads.​
​Or Murphy's Law can implement itself and we have big disasters because of
AI errors.​

Humans have to be the metacognition section.  Someone has to decide the
Oracle is wrong, or what new variables it needs to consider, and so on.
GIGO.

bill w