[ExI] internet security

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 18:22:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> about, but something the group doesn’t want leaked.  The traffic includes
> spreadsheets, word documents, sensitive data and a closed group of about 6
> people.
>
> Is there any reason to distrust email?  If so is there any advantage to

the reason to distrust email is because email is a terrible document
manager and 6 people cannot reliably overcome this deficiency.

If you had one person marshal all changes into a single read-only
"authoritative" document (or it was already a read-only resource) then
you might be able to get away with it - but the burden on that single
person to merge spreadsheets/documents is (imo) too much to ask.

Otherwise you'll probably grow the number of versions of documents in
a way that is unsustainable and will lead to inevitable overwrite or
(worse?) inaccurate fragments.

I suggest using googledocs for collaboration because it's pretty
effective (and free)

If you are trying to manage lists of tasks or other kinds of
(small-ish) project-related workflow, I suggest Trello.com for the
same reason.