[ExI] Robust and beneficial AI

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 19 20:42:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> It doesn't matter if I understand it or if I implement it or not, if Mr.Jupiter Brain wants it done it will get done.

> What about my other point?  When the AI is wrong?

There was a cartoon from a long time ago, I wish I could find it.  Back in the early 80s, the Navy was computerizing their supply system and there were bugs.  The cartoon shows the customer at the supply dock, pointing at a part on the shelf behind the supply guy, who is working the terminal.  The caption:  Pointing at it won’t help.  The computer says we don’t have that.

{8^D