[ExI] SETI for Post Singularity Civ

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 19 21:01:16 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 11:39 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] SETI for Post Singularity Civ

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

So we'd have something new, less than one unified mind but more than a group of totally separate minds working together.

### Hey, this sounds familiar....

Rafal

Ja.  If we consider MBrain nodes analogous to a synapse, the big/slow restrictions apply.  But if we consider it something entirely new, with something other than collected inputs and one output, then the analogy breaks down.  We don’t know how that community will behave, the organism somewhere between one brain and a community (of individual brains with very limited bandwidth communications.)