[ExI] Fwd: Paper on "Detecting Qualia" presentation at 2015 MTA conference

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Thu Jan 29 19:07:48 UTC 2015

BillK and Dan,

No, you guys are not thinking clearly about many very different things.

At least John is getting close, and asking better questions, but he still
isn't quite thinking clearly about this.

You must be smart enough to realize that there are at least 3 different
things you must keep straight if you are going to understand the perception
process and the qualitative nature of the physical world:

1: Causal Red
2: Zombie Red
3: Redness Quality of conscious knowledge.

As long as you guys think of all of these as the same thing, you'll never
understand the qualitative nature of consciousness.

The only relationship any of these have to each other, is there is some
hardware, somewhere, that is interpreting particular ones as the other.

BillK, and Dan are only talking about, and pointing to "color" articles,
which are all talking about causal red and zombie red.  Both of these have
nothing to do with detecting a redness quale, as is pointed out in the
paper.

Please go back and read the paper again (it's only about 10 pages, after
all), and be sure you understand the difference between these three
different parts of perception, then come back and ask some intelligent
questions, instead of making more stupid noisy comments about completely
unrelated topics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxfbgfm8XIqkmC5Vus7wBb982JMOA8XMrTZQ4smkiyI/edit?usp=sharing

Brent Allsop