[ExI] new horizons

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Jun 21 22:10:36 UTC 2015

Från:   spike <spike66 at att.net>

Reading about the New Horizons flyby of Pluto coming up in about 4 weeks, I was reminded of when NH was launched over nine years ago, the kinds of things I was thinking about, our discussions of it here on ExI-chat.  My bride was 3 months pregnant then, and we were hoping it would go full term (success!)  I recall at the time how my life would be nine and half years into the future, what would be going on, etc.  It was worth the wait.
I had just moved to from Sweden Oxford for a new job at the brand new Future of Humanity Institute, still unsure of whether I would thrive out there in the big world.

 Happy solstice everyone!

Happy solstice!

>From my Stockholm vantage point at midnight the sky is nicely twilight blue. The new moon near the horizon points due north.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University