[ExI] Vermis ex machina

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:04:53 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

>  Assuming that the levels of redundancy in the worm brain and human brain
> are similar we should be able to calculate the Kolmogorov complexity of the
> human brain in a similar fashion, K(h) = S*K(w).

### I don't think that the human brain has the same level of redundancy as
the worm system. The worm has each neuron and synapse hardwired, there is
really no redundancy at all, a loss of any single neuron is likely to
produce a change in the system behavior that might be quite substantial.
The human brain is wired stochastically, keeps rewiring itself from minute
to minute, millions of neurons die daily and yet the system is stable over
decades. Most likely human brains have a lot more redundancy than the worm,
which means that the uploading requirements might be lower than your
estimate.

Rafal