[ExI] [tt] Identity thread again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:28:51 UTC 2015

​To make such self-sacrifice for a stranger, humans must expect to receive
compensation (another form of reciprocity), like payment and honors to
soldiers, that will benefit themselves or their family.  Tara

I completely disagree with this. I help people with no expectation of
reward from them or their family, friends, government, or anything.  I just
helped an immigrant family get their car started and got nothing in return
- not even thanks.  But I know I did the right thing.

For those of you who believe in an identity, this reinforced my belief that
I am a helping person.  There any many forms of reward/reinforcement for
our behaviors and self-reinforcement is one of the most powerful.

How this fits in with people's ideas of evolutionary theory I neither know
nor care.

Bill W

I​