[ExI] any dispute?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:55:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> According to The Week, the Wall Street Journal has reacted to the Chinese
> germline change attempts:
>
> "Another danger is that the technique will be used to engineer offspring
> to your liking - say, to produce a 6'2" blond, blue eyed son with a 150
> IQ.  That's why it's imperative that scientists and the public establish
> 'widespread agreement about what is desirable' - before it's too late."
>
> That blond kid really sounds dangerous to me.  bill w

Clearly meant to remind one of the Nazis. Wikipedia summarizes the dangers
nicely:

*"The main critique towards eugenics policies is that regardless of whether
"negative" or "positive" policies are used, they are vulnerable to
political abuse because the criteria of selection are determined by
whichever group is in power. Furthermore, negative eugenics in particular
is considered by many to be a violation of basic human rights, which
include the right to reproduction."*
-Dave