[ExI] singularity talk at lmco

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:34:58 UTC 2015

On May 13, 2015 4:15 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I had an idea for bringing about the singularity.
> On the other hand there is no reason to think there is only one
intelligent program.  If a program is perfectly optimized for minimum
variable name lengths with no comments and such, there is very little
chance that it takes exactly a gigabyte.  There are probably a few bits
left over, and in most programming languages spaces can be inserted for
ease of reading without changing anything, so if you have a gigabyte
program which is intelligent we could insert a space in perhaps a billion
different places and the thing would still be self-aware and if so there
are a billion different configurations which could end us all.  Or not.

...and the schnozberries taste like schnozberries :)