[ExI] What would an IQ of 500 or 1000 look like?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:26:20 UTC 2015

​​Being fed every day from cans, domestic dogs soon lose the instincts to
hunt in packs and survive in the wild.​  anders

​This does not square with my definition of an instinct.  Of course, that
poor term has been used and abused, describing everything from totally
innate behaviors, like nest-building, to totally learned behavior, like
actions at a tennis net (she has great net instincts).  So I don't know
what sense Anders is using the term in.

I don't know that dogs have lost anything by being domesticated.  I'd like
to see some data.  There are wild dog packs all over the earth, so if
anyone has studied them surely there are some data on what if anything they
have lost.

>From learning studies I've read, there is no such thing as extinction -
reducing a learned behavior to zero.  That would mean that subjects'
attempts to relearn the behavior take just as long as it did to learn it in
the first place.  It takes brain damage to totally unlearn a behavior.
Otherwise it is just suppressed and can be relearned, perhaps very readily.

I have no idea how long it takes for evolution to get rid of an unlearned
instinct.

bill w