[ExI] What would an IQ of 500 or 1000 look like?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 25 21:31:56 UTC 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 21:00, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> Dogs are our friends.  I do hope the symbiosis did somehow impact human
> evolution.

It seems that early humans and wolves were both pack hunters, roaming
the same areas and were in contact / competition for many generations.
Then they realised that co-operation benefited both groups.
And selective breeding continued the process. So they did affect each other.

Once humans settled down, they continued domesticating other animals
as well. There is discussion about the extent to which early humans
saw animals as live tools, or food, or companions.

The idea of dogs being lovable companions may be a modern luxury. In
primitive societies dogs are treated more like tools, to be used and
discarded when not required. Many nations consume dogs as food. As
another example, in the UK racing greyhounds have a short life after
they stop racing.

BillK