[ExI] bar sinister gets more than you, was:... gets more than you do

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 22 04:03:24 UTC 2015

From: spike [mailto:spike66 at att.net]

>…But if we assume the amount of money in the vault is somewhere between 0 and 6,283,185 dollars with each amount being equally probable, the problem becomes a calculation.  spike

Scratch that please.  I was using 2 pi million as the upper limit, but afterwards, I realized there is no advantage to using 2 pi and the numbers are harder to visualize.

We can do the same trick using more easily visualized, so let’s say the vault will have between 0 and 10 million imaginary bucks, equal probability of each amount.  If you already posted a bid based on 6283k, do rebid please.  You could probably just scale it up, ja?

What was your reasoning?  Ignore please considerations such as my dream yacht costs 7 million bucks and all such as that.  Offer the strategy which maximizes your take, simultaneously minimizing Mr. Potter’s or bar Sinister’s.  State equations if you used them, or basis for intuition if you used only that.