[ExI] Limits of human modification

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:39:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Tara Maya <tara at taramayastales.com> wrote:

>  Third - If neither of your parents has the “optimum” gene for a certain
> spot, but another relative… or another donor, related or not … has the
> gene… or it can be made directly (I don’t know the tech involved), then why
> not add it?

### CRISPR can easily put in anything that is small enough to fit into a
guide RNA but with DNA-based inserts you can put multi-kilobase stretches
of DNA. Generally, anything you know the sequence of and up to a few
thousand base pairs in length can be synthesized in the lab and should be
deliverable.

Rafał