[ExI] Limits of human modification

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:55:37 UTC 2015

On Nov 29, 2558 BE, at 7:36 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ​> ​It seems to me that Chris meant that economics tends to NOT support 'wishful thinking.'
>
> ​I know but that's NOT what I'm saying,  I'm saying that economic thinking is usually  mixed up with political thinking and a individual's moral ideas. For example: child labor is a bad thing therefore it could not have increased GNP in the 19th century, but it's not necessarily so, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

That's not an example of economic thinking though. It's no different than how most people use evolutionary theory watered down to justify their pet beliefs. But people, especially non-experts do that with anything they can lay their hands on, no?

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst