[ExI] Objective standards?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:40:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In terms of music, Beethoven has certainly done much much better than
> Hummel, though during their lives both were thought of as equals, at least
> early on. Hummel is not without influence, and you can certainly find
> recordings of his work. But he's at a much lower rank in popularity. Why?)

### Hummel's music tends to be rather boring, easily slides off my mind
into nonbeing. Beethoven is so distinctive, there are so many moving parts
that fit perfectly, and have never been used before.

The race between the pedestrian and the genius may take a long time but the
result tends to be definitive.

Rafał