[ExI] The empirical case for moral realism

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 06:08:32 UTC 2015

http://www.springer.com/home?SGWID=0-0-1003-0-0&aqId=2941728&download=1&checkval=52a74c65fd122f4c0ad01dab4c427fb4&wt_mc=internal.event.1.SEM.ArticleAuthorOnlineFirst

Abstract: "Debunking skeptics claim that our moral beliefs are formed by processes unsuited to identifying objective facts, such as emotions inculcated by our genes and culture; therefore, they say, even if there are objective moral facts, we probably don’t know them. I argue that the debunking skeptics cannot explain the pervasive trend toward liberalization of values over human history, and that the best explanation is the realist’s: humanity is becoming increasingly liberal because liberalism is the objectively correct moral stance."

And Huemer means by liberalism a sort of broad approach moral equality (in other words, no double standards), respect for individuals, and restraints on violence/coercion.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Ust/e/B00J6HPX8M/