[ExI] oxygen on 67p

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:02:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Never mind that!  Nature is reporting that there is oxygen on comet 67P!
> Please, how in the heeeeeelllll could there be oxygen on a comet?
>
> How weird is this!  Everything I thought I understood about comet
formation
> is either suspect or outright wrong.

One way to save the failing theory is just to pretend it all has to with
there being so many comets. Vast numbers! Astronomical numbers! Therefore,
one of them is bound to really odd. (Well, another way is simply not to
have a well worked out and cherished theory about comet formation. That's
my method.:)

> Is now a fun time to be living, or what?

Indeed!

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: