[ExI] R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: Cramer on impossibility of FTL communication

scerir at alice.it scerir at alice.it
Thu Sep 3 07:45:45 UTC 2015

> It is ok. I'm not saying there are physical "influences" between
> the entangled particles (timelike separated or spacelike separated).

[Adrian] You kind of are, though.

### "If you have a pair of dice that are quantum entangled—you can't buy them
yet but I'm sure in a hundred years you can buy them as a Christmas present—a
pair of quantum dice would be such that if you throw one die here and one die
there they always show the same number. Now this can only be if they have a
common cause, or if they are talking to each other somehow." A. Zeilinger

> Nonlocal quantum phenomena cannot be described with the notions
 > of space and time. This means that there is no time ordering behind
 > nonlocal correlations, so the causal order cannot be reduced to the
 > temporal one. Quantum correlations somehow reveal dependence
 > between the events, or logical order. Experiment shows that this
 > dependence, or logical order, is beyond any real time ordering.

[drian] By stuff like this: you're saying that measuring one causes the other's
state.

### Two kinds of causality: temporal causality and statistical causality.

[Adrian] That doesn't seen to be what's happening.  Instead, it looks like
their states are independently caused by a common prior event.

### That is possible. But is is difficult to find the common cause. The "big
bang"? The source (SPDC) of entangled particles? A common cause [1] not in the
past, but - timeless correlations in every possible sense! - also in the future
[2]?

[1]

http://hps.elte.hu/~gszabo/Preprints/Habilitacios_eloadas_angol.pdf
http://www2.units.it/episteme/L&PS_Vol9No1/L&PS_Vol9No1_2011_30_Melas.pdf