[ExI] R: Re: R: Re: Cramer on impossibility of FTL communication

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:39:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:45 AM, scerir at alice.it <scerir at alice.it> wrote:

> > It is ok. I'm not saying there are physical "influences" between
> > the entangled particles (timelike separated or spacelike separated).
>
> [Adrian] You kind of are, though.
>
> ### "If you have a pair of dice that are quantum entangled—you can't buy
> them
> yet but I'm sure in a hundred years you can buy them as a Christmas
> present—a
> pair of quantum dice would be such that if you throw one die here and one
> die
> there they always show the same number. Now this can only be if they have a
> common cause, or if they are talking to each other somehow." A. Zeilinger

The common cause is their entanglement, which happens at their manufacture.

Or can you find me anything that directly counters this explanation?

> > Nonlocal quantum phenomena cannot be described with the notions
>  > of space and time. This means that there is no time ordering behind
>  > nonlocal correlations, so the causal order cannot be reduced to the
>  > temporal one. Quantum correlations somehow reveal dependence
>  > between the events, or logical order. Experiment shows that this
>  > dependence, or logical order, is beyond any real time ordering.
>
> [drian] By stuff like this: you're saying that measuring one causes the
> other's
> state.
>
> ### Two kinds of causality: temporal causality and statistical causality.

I think you mean that you know there is statistical but you're wondering
about temporal.

I'm saying, the entanglement causes the statistical, and happens ahead of
time for both photons so there's your temporal.

> [Adrian] That doesn't seen to be what's happening.  Instead, it looks like
> their states are independently caused by a common prior event.
>
> ### That is possible. But is is difficult to find the common cause.

Their common cause is their entanglement.  If you know they are entangled,
they you know there was an entanglement.  It couldn't be much simpler to
find.