[ExI] R: Re: Re: R: Re: R: Re: Cramer on impossibility of FTL communication

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:28:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 7:31 AM, scerir at alice.it <scerir at alice.it> wrote:

> Since only one photon is detected, the uncertainty about the photon’s
> origin
> suffices to make the two atoms entangled.

Only with respect to that detector - and only if the angle of the photon
can not be traced back to the specific atom.

> Unlike the ordinary entanglement creation, where the two particles have
> interacted *earlier*, here the only common event lies *in the future*.

How so?  The two atoms never interacted at all.  The only interaction that
creates entanglement is at the detector - and, again, the atoms are only
entangled with respect to that detector.  (For all the detector knows,
another photon may have been emitted in another direction, which the
detector would never see, causing them both to be in the ground state.  All
it knows is that at least one atom emitted.)  To any observer near the
atoms, able to see what state they are in, they are not entangled; the
presence or absence of such an observer does not directly change the state
of the detector's knowledge.

In general you seem to be postulating, "If we are uncertain about which of
two things did something or is something, then they must be interacting
with each other at any future point where some external observer finally
clears up that uncertainty."  That conclusion does not follow from that
premise.