[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Fwd: Re: AI risks

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:27:43 UTC 2015

The first commercially-available completely robotic cars might be hot theft
items because it enables so many crimes.  So they need to have a feature
where they can be disabled remotely.  Even then, you might have a bad guy
in the form of a little old lady with no criminal record, who buys robot
car, sells it to bad guy for twice what she paid, to someone she doesn’t
know, new owner does all the stuff we already thought of, constables have
no way of knowing whodunit, little old lady buys her next robo-car, and on
it goes.

Police will need equipment to stop driverless cars, for one answer.  Or the
car won't start without a person in it.  Won't stop suicide bombers.  What
about installing sensors secretly in car trunks for bomb material
detection?  Couldn't do that for drones though.

Well, what about drones?  Similar problems, eh?  Jet planes are no answer
to drones, so how about we start a United States Military Drone Force to
combat future drone attacks?  No doubt something is being done in the
Pentagon.

bill w