[ExI] more on silly rules

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 22:47:07 UTC 2015

I'd not expect this crowd to have read this book, but it exemplifies the
silliness of societal rules and is on my list near the top of the funniest
books I have ever read:

Miss Manner's Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior  ($3.48, free
shipping for Abebooks.com)

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=miss+manner+guide

The way she just skewers snobs who want to know if they still have to lift
a pinky when drinking tea is just hilarious and I mean it.  Most things,
books movies, described thus are not.  This is.  Trust me.  She is so
devious that it's like the case of the guy who did not know his throat was
cut until his head fell over.  Her column is pretty good too.   bill w