[ExI] Problem with Uplifting Dog Intelligence

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:45:04 UTC 2015

Nothing is without problems.........

<http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/dog-realises-he-was-adopted-20150917102017>

Quote:
A Labrador has realised that the people he thought were his parents
are actually a different species.

Medium-sized dog Roy Hobbs was alerted to the deception when he saw
his reflection in a silver tray: “I assumed some sort of wolf-like
animal had broken into the house, and started barking.

“But then my ‘mother’ came rushing in. She said ‘Silly boy, you
startled poor Mummy, yes you did’ and pointed out that I was actually
looking at myself.

“It didn’t take long after that for the penny to drop. I looked at my
hands, and realised they were actually paws.

“I know genetic traits like ginger hair can skip a generation but I’m
pretty sure being a quadruped doesn’t. They should have said something
instead of just letting me woo human females by sticking my nose up
their skirts.

“This is so stressful, feel how hot and dry my nose is.

“Apparently my real parents met and fell in love when my father’s
owners brought him to her house and locked them in a utility room
together overnight.”

Hobbs’ owner Janet Fisher said: “He’ll get over it when he’s had a biscuit.”