[ExI] former deceased nfl players...

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 21 18:20:15 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 7:45 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] former deceased nfl players...

…

>>… The next 20 years are foreseeable; the money to be made here, oh my, just thinking about it makes my butt hurt.  It’s a good hurt.

>…If you really think this is the case, I invite you to research and cite sources, at least to the degree of a typical Wikipedia article…

Our current problem with Robot Olympics is that the bots are not capable enough.  They are so slow it is boring to watch, even if one is into that kind of thing.

>… I'd love to be proven wrong here…VCs don't invest in an idea until after the proposer has assembled a competent core team.)…

The advantage of humanoid robot football is that we already have the infrastructure: we have ballfields and stadiums and such.  A cool variation is that the bots can be any weight so long as they wear two standard size 12 shoes and a standard football uniform, complete with helmet, so they kinda look like human players.  They are called down as soon as anything other than those two shoes touch the ground.

>…  At least, I am assuming you would not mind capturing some of this wealth for yourself…

Of course.  I would embrace that notion with vigor.  Money is a good thing; making money is a good thing.  Money in the right hands solves so many of this world’s problems, creates opportunity, generates more money.  Such a fine thing is wealth, specifically that which is in my possession.