[ExI] openness again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:54:21 UTC 2016

Anders - ​The problem with credit card numbers is that currently we use
security by obscurity: much of your protection comes from me not knowing
your number, rather than restrictions on how I can use it. A good
authentification system would make knowing your card number useless to me,
just as me knowing your email address doesn't allow me to hack your mail
server (some extra authentification needed to ensure that I don't forge
emails from you).​

OK, I'll bite - why don't they do that?  bill w