[ExI] Study Links Disparities in Pain Management to Racial Bias

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:21:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://news.virginia.edu/content/study-links-disparities-pain-management-racial-bias
>
> Shattering the myth that medical students are brights?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

​Ignorance occurs in every IQ level.​  And Med schools are the most
resistant to change of any type of grad school.  All of you would be simply
aghast at the superstitions I found in my Psych 101 students and my Sex
class (unbelievable - ask if you want examples).  One study measured
superstitions and carefully debunked every one of them during the
semester.  The scores on the superstition test at semester's end did not
change.

Changing behavior and attitudes is very hard.  Especially if we don't take
time to think - then we will pop out whatever we've believed the longest.

​bill w​