[ExI] nutrition - phthlates

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:10:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 1:40 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​I do grow a lot of my food and realize that most of you can't​.  Many
> people can't cook or won't learn how, or don't have time, or go contrary
> "Well, everything is bad for you and you have to die of
> something.........." and thus just buy or eat anything they like.
>
> ​Basic problem:  all of this is just way too big for a person to handle,
> to make some kind of influence on​, and so we just read the paper and wag
> our heads and thrust them into the sand.

Sure, but there's a huge spectrum of behaviors between "anything goes" and
"nothing is safe". Avoiding all risk is obviously impossible but some
simple rules could go a long way for just about everyone. If you can't grow
your own food you can probably still buy locally-grown food from a farmer's
market, farmer, neighbor, etc. If you don't cook you can learn. If you
don't have time you can learn to prioritize and manage your time. But if "I
don't have time" is really "eh, I don't really care, I'd rather watch more
cat videos/Kardashian shows/whatever than learn about ways to be healthy
and live longer", then I have no sympathy.

-Dave