[ExI] physics

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 16:43:20 UTC 2016

I read John's post with interest if not comprehension.  I did like the one
about a blank page that is not a picture until a line is drawn on it
 Without going through the obvious ('what is a picture'?), does this follow?

Say there is a cube of space (in 'outer' space) that has not one single
atom of matter (violating entropy I suppose).  Does this mean that it is
not in some sense 'space'?  Not until some matter is there?
That there is no 'there' there?

Some say our universe is expanding.  Does this mean that some 'potential
space' exists beyond any matter that will become 'space' when some matter
gets there?

This is the kind of probably silly thinking that people like me who haven't
had physics since 1959 think of.  Maybe I just don't have the background to
understand any answer, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I did not ask about the idea of 'nothing' and 'something' being pretty much
the same because I am certain I won't get that.  Kissing my wife and
kissing the air are different and I don't give a barrel of used food who
says elsewise.

bill w