[ExI] physics

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:46:18 UTC 2016

OK Spike, so a nothing in the middle of a something is a something,  Got it.

Anders:  In the standard general relativity view there is a patch of
spacetime there, with its own properties (curvature). And there could well
be electromagnetic fields (like light on its way through) or more exotic
quantum stuff. In quantum field theory "empty" space is a pretty complex
thing and the mystery is why it is not heavy and impenetrable.

(Empty should be heavy and impenetrable - got it.  I think.)

​I can tell you that I have tried to teach thousands of empty spaces
occupying  the craniums of students​ and can state without equivocation
that they ARE impenetrable in many cases.  Heavy thinking?  Nah.

I do love it when Anders and Clark explain things to me in terms I can
understand, though the organ pipe example is a bit fuzzy.

But it's like being a student, I suppose.  You think you understand
something and then the teacher explains it and you suddenly are totally
lost.

bill w