[ExI] physics

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:08:56 UTC 2016

On 25 April 2016 at 18:20, spike wrote:
<snip>
> So where can we find empty space?  In the region surrounding the nucleus of
> atom.  Ja?  Nothing there.  If you assume a hydrogen atom, there aren’t even
> any of the strong nuclear force mediator particles: don’t need them there,
> you aren’t cramming two protons together.  But in that empty space there is
> a there there, because that space is inboard of that electron waving around
> out there.  That electron breaks the symmetry of the empty space,

Just to add to the confusion.......
There isn't really empty space around the atom nucleus. The
electron(s) are not like planets orbiting the sun; that's just a
convenient metaphor. It is more accurate to think of an electron as a
quantum field or a probability cloud around the nucleus. The 'empty'
space is full of energies and forces.

BillK