[ExI] Kurzgesagt

Anders anders at aleph.se
Tue Aug 2 20:04:45 UTC 2016

Today I found this delightful animation about the Fermi Paradox.
Relevant not just because the discussion of list member Robin's Great
Filter, but also a pretty inspiring ending:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc

(the previous version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQkVqno-uI
has a few other familiar concepts.)

I found it via the recent animation about gamma ray bursts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLykC1VN7NY
Very fun. They also have one about space elevators:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPQQwqGWktE

They are not always correct - this one is far too pessimistic, as per my
"Eternity in Six Hours" paper (and an upcoming paper on how to colonize
*fast* - stay tuned!). The basics are right, but we can go a few billion
lightyears more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kurzgesagt/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=18&view=0

--