[ExI] Trump asks "Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?"

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:22:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
> wrote:

>>> ​>>​
>>> Hillary Clinton sent Humayun to his death at the hands of Islamic
>>> terrorists, for short term political gain.
>>

>> ​>> ​
>> Apparently Humayun Khan's parents don't agree with you,
>>

> ​> ​
> ### That may be the case, although I did not discuss the issue with Mr
> Khan and I don't really know what he is thinking through all this commotion.

​I don't see why it would be necessary to discuss it with him, Mr. Khan
made it abundantly clear in his speech at the Democratic​ convention that
nominated Hillary Clinton what his views were. And in response to Mr.
Khan's speech Trump produced this self contradictory gem:

*"Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions
of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false)
and say many other inaccurate things."*

If Donald Trump had actually read the Constitution he'd know that Mr. Khan
DOES have a right to say whatever he wants in front of as many people that
want to listen to him. And yet for reasons that absolutely baffle me
libertarians seem to have a certain fondness for this fascist. It's weird.
And yes I know many libertarians intend to vote for Gary Johnson, but it
takes 270 electoral votes to become president and I will give 3 to 1 odds
that Johnson will not get one single electoral vote. Johnson will get zero
votes, zip nada zilch goose egg.

>>> ​>>​
>>> Let's avoid the subject of elections on this list. It is odious.
>>

>> ​>> ​
>> Shouldn't you have said that at the very start of your post rather than
>> at the very end after talking about Hillary Clinton and "short term
>> political gain"?
>>

> ​> ​
> ### Let's avoid the subject of elections on this list.

​I've seen this before, after a long post on subject X it ENDS with
something like, "we should never talk about subject X again", which really
means I and only I should have the last word on subject X.  It would be far
more convincing if the FIRST and only sentence in the post was "
 Let's avoid subject
​X​
 on this list
​", I'd still disagree but at least it wouldn't be self contradictory.​

 John K Clark