[ExI] save the art tech

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:45:14 UTC 2016

Given the incredible state of the art in some tech, I wonder if my fantasy
tool has come into being.

Consider the sculpture of David in Florence.  What if it fell somehow?
Could it be reproduced in tiny detail?

Of course three D images are routine, I suppose, and the resolution could
take it down to the millimeter level.

So here is my question to any of you who are up on these things:  could a
robot duplicate David?  Equipped with the 3D and tools to
chip/sand/whatever away marble or granite?

If so, then of course new sculpture could be created on some software and
created by robots.

I am guessing that if the technology does not exist now, it soon will.

What do any of you know about this?

bill w